Joel E. Hausman is an associate attorney with Downey & Cleveland, LLP in Marietta, Georgia.
Joel is a seasoned attorney with over thirty years of trial and appellate court experience whose practice is primarily focused upon defending persons and companies in suits involving automobile accidents, premises liability and bad-faith claims.
He has served as lead counsel in more than 100 cases, and dozens of jury trial with excellent results.
In addition to his litigation practice, Joel has served as lead counsel in numerous reported state and federal appellate cases.
Mr. Hausman has been a lecturer at CLE seminars for Lorman Continuing Business Education and for Dun and Bradstreet Corporation.
In recognition of his litigation career, Joel is a peer-rated attorney by Martindale Hubbell. He was a member of the championship team at the Niagara International Moot Court in 1984.
He is licensed to practice in Georgia and Pennsylvania.
- Premises Liability
- Personal Injury
- Insurance Coverage
- Property Damage
- ADA Claims
- Local Government and Land Use
- Construction Litigation
- Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, University of Pittsburgh, 1981
- Juris Doctor, University of Pittsburgh, 1984
- Georgia State and Superior Courts
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- Pennsylvania trial and appellate courts
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals of the Third Circuit
- State Bar of Georgia
- Cobb County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association